I have been a fan of face oils for the past two years, but if you would have asked me to put oil on my face before that, there was no way! I thought oil was what caused breakouts, but that is a general misconception. Actually, I have had a lot of estheticians tell me that dry skin can cause more breakouts than oil because dead skin cells are covering and clogging pores. Now don’t get me wrong, I won’t just put any oil on my face, I am picky about any skincare I use because I have sensitive skin, but if it’s high quality with great ingredients, then I’m in! I thought I would round up my top 5 oils I have tried in today’s post in case you are in the market to try one for the first time or get your hands on a new one! And also good to note, morning and night after cleansing my face, I use a serum, then my oil, and then my moisturizer! I finish off my skincare routine with the Jade Roller pictured above to really press in all of my products and also to help with depuffing, lymphatic drainage and boosting your glow!
**Here’s how to use a Jade Roller: “Start at the center of the face—under the eyes and cheekbones—and work your way out to the hairline. Then move down to the jawline, again starting at the center of the chin and moving out along the jawbone. To end, roll from the bottom of the ear down the neck towards the center of the jawbone—this helps to drain all the lymph to the lymph nodes.”
1. Sonya Dakar Organic Omega Oil – This is my all time favorite face oil and the first one I ever tried! Sonya is a celeb esthetician and was one of the first in the field to really promote using oils on the face. She was also the first to do everything organic, which is amazing. And I feel like her oil does the most for my skin and makes me glow more than any other I have tried! It’s Paraben free, no artificial dyes or fragrances, no animal testing or byproducts.
2. Kate Somerville Dilo Oil – I love everything Kate Somerville does and that includes her oil. This 100% natural oil also improves the look of skin firmness and elasticity, evens out skin tone, and helps to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. And there is a clinical study behind this product – After 4 weeks in an independent clinical study:
– 100% of women showed highly significant improvement in the appearance of skin firmness and elasticity
– 100% of women showed highly significant improvement in skin hydration
3. Mara Algae Moringa Universal Face Oil – this is my friend Allison’s new oil and it is amazing! It not only smells great, but it absorbs amazingly and the algae blend is high in omegas 3, 6, and 9 to fight free radicals and improves the appearance of skin tone, texture and firmness. I have been using this morning, mid-day for a refresher, and at night!
4. UMA Ultimate Brightening Face Oil – this is the newest oil I have tried and it smells amazing because of all of the essential oils it is made with! I am still trying it out, but liking it so far and it says it’s brightening and I need all of the brightening I can get! It absorbs great and is supposed to be great for cell turnover and even out skin tone for radiant skin. It’s also Paraben-free; sulfate-free; silicone-free; animal product-free; artificial ingredient-free; petrochemical-free.
5. Kat Rudu Jewel Oil – this oil is super hydrating and made with avocado oil and helps with cell turnover and to smooth the appearance of fine lines. It also feels really soothing on the skin with chamomile in it. It’s not only for your face, but lips and eyes too.