My hair is one of my favorite qualities. I put a lot of time and effort into and have learned a lot of tips on how to get and maintain healthy hair along the way, including taking these new Grow Girl Hair Gummy Vitamins!
Thanks to Grow Girl Hair for partnering with me on this post!
When I moved to LA 12 years ago my hair was struggling. I started seeing this new stylist (who I still see today!) she told me my hair was in pretty bad shape. She said I had been frying my hair and that having LONG hair, BLONDE hair, and using HOT TOOLS on the daily was making my hair thin and breaking it off! Something had to give. I also wasn’t using great products or tools or doing myself any favors, what can I say I was young and dumb lol.
Cut to today and A LOT has changed. Obviously I have shorter hair now, but the most important thing is I have the healthy and shiny hair I always dreamed of having. It’s not without work though. Here are some of the biggest tips I have learned along the way that might help you if you struggle with having healthy hair:
- Quality hair products are key! Investing in good sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners and styling products are definitely worth it! Buying and using moisture intensive products really helped me start growing my hair and making it fuller and healthier.
- Go longer between washes/styles: I think more and more people are realizing they do not need to wash and dry their hair everyday and that’s a really good thing (thank goodness for Dry Shampoo!). Washing and blow drying your hair too much can be really damaging and cause breakage and make your hair really dry.
- Take hair vitamins: I love a good hair vitamin and have been regularly taking hair vitamins for years, but I recently discovered Grow Girl Hair Gummy Vitamins and love them! They not only taste great (it’s my sweet treat everyday), but they are also really good for you with Vitamin E, Biotin, B12 and more! I have noticed a huge difference in my hair growth and shine since I started taking them. One way I can really tell – I had to get much roots down in much less time than normal! It was crazy and my stylist even mentioned it and asked me what I had been doing. She usually asks me to cool it on the hot tools, but this time she said my hair looked great and I told her the only thing I had been doing differently was taking Grow Girl! They have the blue “Shine” gummies and then the pink “Hair Growth” gummies. I have been taking two of each for the past month and highly recommend them. They are also super affordable and easy to get at GrowGirlHair.com, Target and Walmart! They are also dermatologist tested and have no gluten or artificial flavors! They also have a growth conditioner I love that you should try too! **Head to my Instagram today to enter to win some and start taking them now!
- Invest in good hair tools: I used to buy cheap flat irons and blow dryers, but not anymore. These can be super hot and drying to your hair to try saving up for the good ones from Drybar or Hot Tools or T3. It’s so worth it and they won’t burn your hair off + they last for years! It’s awesome.
- Use hair oil: although using oil on hair can scare a lot of people, a little goes a long way and can really help lock in moisture to your hair and add some shine. I just add a few drops to my tips after styling or in between washes. I can tell you it also helps make your styles last longer and keep the ends from looking a jagged mess so it’s a win-win!
Speaking of winning! Head to my Instagram @thestyleeditrix now to win lots of great goodies for your hair from @GrowGirlHair! It’s super easy to enter! Thanks so much for stopping by today and don’t forget to grab your gummies next time you head to Target or Walmart or order them online today!