I shared the hottest Summer Shorts Trends on KTLA Morning News today as the LA Style Expert. You can watch it here if you didn’t see it or shop all of the shorts I featured. I gathered shorts from all price points and the best retailers like Shein.com, H&M, Shopbop and Nordstrom. You can find the shorts to shop in order of trend/appearance below! Thanks so much for watching and make sure to follow me on Instagram for more daily inspo @AshleyFultz
Longer Denim/Bermuda shorts-
- Longer hemline shorts are really in this summer. They are often called Bermuda shorts and were big in the 80’s, but they are chicer than ever and making a strong comeback. I love that you can wear a tank and flat sandals with these to be super casual or dress them up with a white button-down and blazer with heels. Shopbop has some amazing longer denim shorts and at all price points.
- I love a soft casual pair of linen shorts, but this summer it’s linen reimagined with beautiful printed linen shorts! We are also seeing multiple hemlines for linen shorts from Bermuda to super short and at every price point. You can find great pairs almost everywhere online, but I love the ones from Shein.com and especially at their price points all under $30! And Shopbop has some super cute printed pairs. Pair these with a cute tank or classic white button down and sandals.
Shein Striped A-line Linen Shorts // Shein Pleated Front Buckle Belted Shorts // Shein Black Drawstring Linen Shorts // Shein Belted Waist Double Flap Pocket Linen Shorts // Shopbop Floral Linen Shorts // Shopbop Farm Rio Palm Linen Shorts // Shopbop Faithfull Linen Shorts
- We all want to be comfortable at home or running errands and working out or taking walks in the neighborhood, so sweat shorts are making a big comeback. It was all about leggings, but now the temps rising I am seeing lots of cute sweat shorts in all fun colors like blue, pink, yellow and more + some are super flattering with a cinched in waistband and wide-leg style shorts. H&M and Nordstrom has the best selections for these shorts.
Paperbag Waist Shorts-
- Paperbag waist short are so flattering. They are usually tied at the waist or cinched by a waistband and you’ll see extra fabric above the waistband. I love tucking button downs and tees into these for the ultimate waistline. I love these shorts in a classic khaki color, white or black. H&M and Shopbop have great options and the black button front are only $10 from Shein.
- Biker shorts have been around for the past few seasons, and they are still a big trend and now we are seeing more than just your typical black pair of biker shorts. There are so many fun colors and prints and some longer and some shorter. H&M has some really bright colors and I love them styled with tees and then Nordstrom has fun prints like leopard, tie dye and stars and more and you could even pair with a white button down.