For General Enquiries & Ads: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Fields Found.
I got to attend a really cool event with the wonderful brand La Roche Posay earlier this week learning all about acne. I hate acne, but it also fascinates me because I want to know how to prevent it and get it to go away when I do get it! Thanks to La Roche Posay for partnering with me on this post. As always, all opinions and statements made are my own.
So La Roche Posay sponsored a great event with renowned dermatologist Anne Chiu from The Derm Institute to answer all of our burning acne questions. Since I learned to much valuable info, I thought I would sharing the biggest things I took away from the event and Dr. Chiu. Here are 8 things you need to know about acne:
1. The root cause of acne is hormone imbalance whether in teens, adults or babies and stress can also lead to hormone imbalances.
2. Acne happens when there is an overgrowth of bacteria and it clogs your pores
3. Don’t wash your face more than once or twice daily no matter the acne because it will be too drying causing skin to produce more oil because it thinks it’s dry.
4. Dr Chiu is much more a fan of acid exfoliants like grapefruit extract to do natural and a more gentle exfoliation instead of physical exfoliants that can be more traumatic.
5. Fried food and chocolate are not acne causers, but high sugar and high carb diets can lead to acne and for some people dairy is a trigger for acne.
6. While dermatologists don’t recommend ever picking your face, they do recommend using a hot compress to bring it to a head and then use a spot treatment instead of an all over acne cleanser that could dry out the face.
7. Alpha hydroxy, salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide are all good to treat acne.
8. If you are in a bind and really need to get rid of acne in a rush, head to your dermatologist for a cortisone shot.
La Roche Posay’s Effaclar Line is great for anyone who suffers with acne. They have some cleansers targeted for oily skin, a strong spot treatment, serums, moisturizers and even little towelettes. You can shop the products I got to try below:
La Roche Posay Effaclar Towelettes // La Roche Posay Anthelios Ultra Light Tinted Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50 // Effaclar Duo Acne Treatment with Benzoyl Peroxide // Effaclar Cleansing Water // Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel Cleanser for Oily Skin
THIS WEBSITE IS MANAGED UNDER THE STYLE EDITRIX, INC. THE STYLE EDITRIX, INC. EARNS COMPENSATION FROM ADVERTISING AFFILIATE PROGRAMS,
BRAND COLLABORATIONS, AND THE LIKE. ANY PRODUCTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN GIFTED WILL BE MARKED AS “C/O”
EMAIL ME: INFO@THESTYLEEDITRIX.COM